Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Powell Mirrored Jewelry Armoire


Hi, ladies (and gentlemen if any). Long time, no post. I missed all of you and am excited to be posting again. I apologize for not being around for such a long time. I don't want to make your eyes hurt by explaining why I haven't blogged for a while, so let's all proceed with the actual post. :)

About two Sundays ago (March 23rd), I ordered a jewelry armoire from Sears.com. Aside from the products it sells, Sears also carries items from other vendors via the Marketplace as well. What I ordered is the Powell Mirrored Jewelry Armoire. Although I felt like I spent an arm, leg, and even a thigh for this item at $339, it's totally worth it. :)

What sold me are the two side doors that hang necklaces as well as all seven drawers. For a jewelry armoire, that's very ample space. I don't have a lot of jewelry, so I ended up with a drawer that stores my hair accessories and an empty one that still has yet to be filled.

Delivery was fast. I received the armoire three days after I processed the order. Estimated delivery was actually supposed to be yesterday. So glad I got it WAAAY earlier than expected. :D

Because I am not very savvy with assembling furniture, my boyfriend attached the top and base of the armoire.

A mirror is revealed underneath the flip-top lid as well as a storage for rings, studded earrings, and other little trinkets.

The top two drawers have dividers for bigger earrings, bracelets, necklaces, or watches. These, including the third drawer, are rather shallow. The remaining four, on the other hand, are deep. You can probably store watch boxes, fragrance, or even eyeshadow palettes in them if you want. :)

One minor defect I somewhat struggle with is the right necklace storage door. I have to push it multiple times to get it to open and close properly. Other than that, I am very happy and satisfied with the item overall. Going through my jewelry is a lot easier now that everything's all organized. I don't have to deal with tangled necklaces (the costume ones) and earring and bracelet clutter anymore. Plus, the armoire looks nice with all the rest of my furniture. I love its luxurious, mirrored finish. I'm sure it will compliment pretty much any bedroom, vanity room, bathroom, etc. :)







9 comments:

  1. Amazing and I just found you blog after so many months!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Harija!

      Glad you found my blog again. Looking forward to visiting your blog again very soon too. :)

      <3

      Delete
    2. You're welcome and can't wait to read your next post!!

      My Lyfe ; My Story
      @MyLyfeMyStory ♥ ♥

      Delete
    3. Next post is now up. I'll do my best to blog more often. <3

      Delete
  2. Its really gorgeous!! I commented long time ago with my iphone and it didnt stick...wtf. Well I hope you blog more. I need to get on it myself but you know life hahaha. btw, your link doesnt work. doesnt have the recent post updated.


    xoxo, K.Lee
    leemuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried replying to your comment with my iPhone too and it didn't work either, so I'm on my laptop now. Freakin' iPhone. Haha...

      Yeah, I checked out my link in your blogroll as well as others. So weird how it's a very old entry that shows up on the thumbnail. Hopefully I can find a way to fix it or have it fixed. Thanks for the heads up on that. :)

      In case life or in my case, laziness, doesn't strike too hard, I'll try to blog more often. Looking forward to reading your posts, girl. I always enjoy them. Take care and see ya on IG too. :)

      <3

      Delete
  3. Mirrored furniture is probably one of my favourite things in a home, because they're incredibly beautiful, and they can really spruce up a space. I'm glad this added storage has helped you in solving some of your storage issues.

    Also, I think I've mentioned this before, but I also have a colourful bracelet just like the one you are showing in your last photo. I think we bought ours from different places, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marz: I remember your pic of that bracelet on Instagram. :D It's my bracelet's long-lost twin. Hehe... :D I think I might've bought mine at Charlotte Russe if I can remember correctly.

      That's what's amazing about mirrored jewelry. They add the illusion of bigger space in smaller rooms. In addition to that, it's very functional. :)

      Glad to see you stop by again. Take care. <3

      Delete