Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Miss Manga Mascara Moment


While surfing the web a while back for, you guessed it, beauty products, I was quite intrigued with L'Oreal's Miss Manga Voluminous Mascara. Who doesn't want anime-like eyes with bold, fluttery lashes? Impressed by the reviews I've read about this mascara, I wanted to get my hands on it right away. Unfortunately, it wasn't here in the US yet at the time. I think that was a couple months back. I kept my fingers crossed, hoping for its availability here too.

About a couple weeks ago, I found out from my friend, Letty, that Miss Manga is FINALLY here too. :D (Thank you, Letty. I appreciate you giving me the head's up on up and coming drugstore beauty products. :D) I bought mine at Walgreens for about $7.99. Depending on where you live or what store you buy it from, prices may vary.

For the past two weeks of getting my lashes acquainted to this mascara, I've gathered up a few pros and cons. For getting a feel of mascara, that's ample enough time for me.

Let's start off with the pros. For a non-waterproof mascara, I was surprised that it doesn't smudge or flake on me whenever I have it on my lashes. Even on scorching hot days. I also like how it's very lengthening. It totally gives a nice wide-eyed, wide-awake look while giving you doll-like, long lashes. I find the brush easy to work with too because of how it's tapered. It has a slim, pointy tip to easily coat product on the bottom lashes as well as the inner corner of the top lashes. Its cute metallic pink and black packaging is a plus for me too, so that counts as a brownie point for pros.

Unfortunately, there are cons too. The biggest letdown for me is that it doesn't hold curl very well. Then again, my lashes are very STUBBORN. They are reasonably long, but they're straight and point forward. Waterproof mascara holds curl just fine on my lashes. For some reason, it doesn't work that way with non-waterproof mascara. Miss Manga is no exception. I was amazed when my lashes were nicely upturned after applying the mascara. They wilted down a few seconds afterward. Such a bummer. :( Another con is that I find the formula a bit clumpy after the second coat. In this case, less is more.

In light of my disappointment in Miss Manga not wanting to hold my curls, I found a couple ways to make this mascara work for me with stellar results. One is curling my lashes a second time after having curled them the first time and applying this particular mascara on them. Another is to layer it over another mascara. The second method works better for me. My lashes all a sudden become nicely upturned and fluttery.

Would I repurchase? Because I can make good use of it as a layering mascara and be in awe of the result it brings, I definitely would. If you're one with lashes that have curls that can hold up to non-waterproof mascara, consider yourself lucky. This for sure is the mascara for you. :)




6 comments:

  1. I've been loving this mascara lately and for me, it also does a good job at holding the curl, but I unfortunately don't have extremely long lashes :)

    sparklewithlaughter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Sanja.

      Glad to read that this mascara is working out well for you. :) I wish it can hold curls on my lashes too. So far, it works out better for me as a layering mascara.

      Thank you so much for visiting my blog. Sorry about the late reply. I will head on over to your blog now. Take care. :)

      Delete
  2. The packaging on this is so cute! And i love the natural bristles. I find Maybelline usually makes the best drugstore mascaras.
    Would love if you check out my blog
    Raincouver Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Angela.

      I totally agree with you about Maybelline mascaras. A majority of them work out really well for me. :)

      Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I'll surely head on over to your blog and check it out. Take care. :)

      Delete
  3. This caught my eye a couple months ago as well. I didn't know it was already in the US. I neeeeed to find it lol. I love layering mascara, so if I don't like it on its own, I'm glad to hear it'll work well as a layering one.

    Thanks for the review Jannie! As always, I love how detailed you are. ^_^

    ☮ ♡ :) melli

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Melli!

      It sure was a pleasant surprise to find out that it's finally here in the US. Had to get it right away. :)

      I'm sure you'll love it as a layering mascara. Really magnifies the lashes and doesn't smudge, which is surprising for something that isn't waterproof.

      Hope it works out for you. <3

      Delete