Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Candy and Vintage Romance


I've been wanting to try these Sleek i-Divine Mineral Based Eye Shadow Palettes for ages. It's probably been a while, but I just recently found out Sleek ships to the US (and worldwide) too. I was thrilled to discover I can actually get me some Sleek. Although I should've known that a long time ago. :P

For those of you that are not yet familiar to Sleek, it's a brand off of the UK. I placed my order on June 6th. It shipped on June 9th. It arrived just last Thursday, June 19th. Considering it came from the UK, almost two weeks is still not too bad of a wait. I admit I got a little antsy and nervous while waiting. That turned into excitement once I received my package.

Shortly after placing my order at the checkout in the site, my card was screened through SagePay. At first, it wasn't authorized. I had to call my bank to clarify that I indeed was the one placing an order using MY card. The whole ordering process went smoothly after that. As for delivery, my palettes arrived safely and undamaged. None of the shadows were broken.

The two i-Divine palettes I had ordered are Candy and Vintage Romance. Each are $11.99. Quite a good deal for palettes with 12 eyeshadow colors in them. I first had my eye on Candy. I knew I wanted that. I was undecided on the second palette. It was a toss-up between Sunset and Vintage Romance. I went for the latter. I am totally considering getting Sunset in a future order though. ;)

Due to my urge to play with the palettes, I busted each of them out already and put them to the test. They did not disappoint at all. I still need to get further acquainted to them and use them more, however. Of course, get more looks off of them too. :D

In terms of pigmentation, I was wowed by Aniseed (a frosty coral), Apple Sour (a bright greenish aqua color, also frosty), and Strawberry Sherbet (a matte hot pink). They were bright and applied very smoothly. A bit lackluster to me are Bon Bon (looks like a frosty, icy pink lemonade) and Flump (matte cool-toned purple). Although not terrible, they are not as bright as expected. Still nice to wear though, especially when you're going for a softer, daytime look and just want a subtle wash of color. If you like a touch of frost, you can always wear Bon Bon just on the lids or as a brow bone highlight.

As for Vintage Romance, instant hits for me are Forever in Florence (a dark aubergine with very tiny, almost unnoticeable, flecks of silver glitter), Proposal in Prague (matte sienna), and Pretty in Paris (a shimmery, silvery white). I haven't come across any lackluster or less eye-catching colors yet in this palette.

Aside from the palettes themselves, the photos will include looks from the Candy (top two) and Vintage Romance (bottom two) palettes.

All I can say is I am looking forward to use these more. :D Please let me know too if you'd like a more in-depth review on them. :D










6 comments:

  1. nice and thank you so much for your lovely thoughts on my past post!!
    Deeply appreciate it ;)
    My Lyfe ; My Story
    @MyLyfeMyStory
    @MyLyfeMyStoryBlog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Harija:

      Anytime, girl. It's always a pleasure to visit your blog. Your outfit of the day posts are always a fave for me. :)

      <3

      Delete
  2. lovely shades on the eye candy, and your look really enveloped the "candy concept" :) I just miss sleek's old design on their eyeshadows wherein they'd have this engraved crisscross pattern that made them unique from the other brands for me... :) followed you via bloglovin dear!


    xoxo
    Nicole
    ChicMix

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Nicole:

      First of all, thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. :)

      Those crisscross patterns Sleek shadows used to have looked really cool. I was expecting to get them, but I guess they no longer have that pattern. I totally missed out on that. That could've been an extra touch of sleekness right there.

      Will visit your blog right now and am definitely following you back. Take care. :)

      Delete
  3. hey how are you?
     Great Blog! I love the style of it



    visit my pages if you like
    Blog | Facebook | Bloglovin | My new shoes

    let me know what you think :)

    would you like to follow each other?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Suvarna Gold:

    Hi there! Thank you for visiting my blog and for the nice comment too. :)
    Definitely will visit your blog. I will follow for sure. Take care and have a great day. :)

    ReplyDelete