Monday, August 11, 2014

Bloom and Glow with NYX Baked Blush


When it comes to getting suckered in by cute packaging, I am guilty as charged. I could not resist picking up these NYX Baked Blushes at ULTA the moment I saw these little boxes with bows on them. Yes, I have to admit, bows get to me easily. Plus, the blushes look like sweet treats in their little hard plastic boxes.

Each of the Baked Blushes retail at $6.99 at ULTA. According to the NYX website, the blushes come in 12 colors. In ULTA, I've only seen about half the colors. Haven't found the other two on my wishlist. I'll probably have to either hunt them down at other ULTA locations or order online.

Supposedly, these blushes can be illuminators and bronzers as well, according to its clear, flip-top lid. I can definitely see them as illuminators. As bronzers...? Not so much. Maybe it can happen with the colors that are a bit brown in tone.

I've worn all the colors I have and noticed a soft glow as well as a delicate, doll-like flush. Speaking of colors, what I bought are Statement Red, Pink Fetish, and Foreplay. All three colors I have are bright with a shimmery finish. I usually dust them on my cheeks rather sparingly. (For me, this applies with pretty much a majority of blushes. :P) The colors are buildable for a bolder look.

Statement Red is a soft, sheer, muted out red. It's warmer in tone. Pink Fetish reminds me a lot of magenta. It's a very cool-toned, dark pink shade. Foreplay is very warm and peachy. Out of all three colors, Foreplay would be the most versatile. It can be worn with a natural, daytime look featuring subtle, neutral colors or with a dark and mysterious smoky look ideal for a night out. (Then again, I'm one to wear any look anytime depending on my mood. :D) As for the other two colors, they're ideal to be incorporated with more fun, vibrant playful looks. However, these can be incorporated with daytime looks too when sheered out.

Provided in the photos are swatches (left to right) for Statement Red, Pink Fetish, and Foreplay. I have Foreplay on in the selfies I threw in.







10 comments:

  1. Nice blog!



    http://kissthestarsblog.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful makeup<3
    Maybe want follow each other? if yes, just follow me and i follow you back :)
    http://fashionsecrets-oksana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Oksana:

      Hi. Thank you for the sweet compliment. :) Sure would like it if we followed each other. Thanks for asking. Take care. :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for checking out my blog, dear:)
    I am your follower on GFC(9)
    Kisses
    http://fashionsecrets-oksana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Oksana:

      You're very welcome. :) Had a nice time visiting your blog and will be back soon. Love your outfits. :)

      Thanks for following me back too. <3

      Delete
  4. nice review
    would you like follow each other?
    i'll follow back after that ^_^


    www.miharujulie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Miharu Julie:

      Thanks so much for the comment. :)

      Would absolutely be nice if we followed each other. Visiting your blog for sure. Take care. :)

      Delete
  5. follow for follow via GFC or Bloglovin?:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi, Lara.

      Sure. Would love it. Take care. :)

      Delete