Thursday, November 6, 2014

Candied Violet and Crème Brûlée (Other Sweet Treats Too)


Candied Violet is one of the MANY reasons why I wanted to buy the Chocolate Bar palette by Too Faced. This is one of my favorite colors in this delicious looking ensemble, so might as well work this color into the fall theme of the second look of my Chocolate Bar mini-series. My initial attempt of the look was to go with an entirely purple lid, but it ended up looking like a hot mess and wasn't satisfied. I was thinking of what other colors I could work with this purple shadow and gold (Crème Brûlée) tied in nicely with it. A nice contrast of dark and light, cool and warm. It's quite like fall. Bright colored leaves, warm drinks, chilly weather, and dusky skies once 6 PM hits the clock.

I primed my eyes with Too Faced Shadow Insurance before applying the rest of my eye makeup. Using my ring finger, I made small swipes on the inner fourth and outer third of my lids using Maybelline's Color Tattoo in Painted Purple. Layering over Painted Purple, I patted on Candied Violet. I lightly swiped that color on my crease too. Shading in the center of the lid, I went in with Crème Brûlée. An extra step, which I did not think of doing until I was done with the look, is to apply any gold base in that area that would've added more pop to Crème Brûlée.

For more definition on the outer third of the crease, I popped on Black Forest Truffle (third eyeshadow color photo). This color is a lot darker in person than in the photo. My best description of this color would a faded eggplant color with a slight taupe undertone. Moving above the crease, I used Marzipan as a transition color and White Chocolate as a brow bone highlight.

Finishing off the eyes are my two Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Eyeliner. I used the copper one for my lower waterline, which actually didn't show up too well. To enhance the waterline more, I shaded over the eyeliner with Crème Brûlée.

I tight lined my upper waterline with the purple Shimmer Strips pencil. I also used that same eyeliner along with the Black Forest truffle eyeshadow color for lower lash line definition.

Adding more emphasis to my lashes are Illegal Length Fiber Extensions Waterproof mascara in Very Black by Maybelline and Manga Voluminous Mascara in Blackest Black by L'Oreal.

Cheek and lip colors won't go ignored either.

I used my favorite Rimmel Natural Bronzer in 021 Sun Light. My blush and highlight are MAC Beauty Powder Blush in On a Mission and Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Blush & Highlighter in Rosy Glow.

I lined my lips with Jordana Easyliner for lips in Silver Lilac. Adding drama to the lips, I filled them in with Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Shameless, a dark pinkish purple. To add that slightly plumped up dimension on my bottom lip, I dabbed on a bit of Hard Candy's All Glossed Up Hydrating Lip Stain in Mystic, a frosty pink orchid color.

Back to the eyes, I can see different eye colors rock this purple and gold color combination. This look will be nice for special occasions too or even date night, but with a more subdued lip color. Then again, anything goes if your significant other appreciates any lip color you wear. :) As for me, I've actually worn this look to work. Like I always say, anything goes. :)










6 comments:

  1. Love love love the lip color that you chose to go with this eye look - absolutely perfect! Heck, I wouldn't go for a lighter lip color on date night, it really looks amazing together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Melli!

      Thanks and I'm glad you like the lip color. This combo is becoming a fast fave. :D

      Haha. If only a dark color like this won't get messy on me at date night, I'd wear it. LOL.

      Delete
  2. that palette looks amazing!! we love all the shades, they're definitely great for everyday looks!

    M + K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Michelle & Katherine.

      Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. Glad you like the Chocolate Bar palette too. Seems like a favorite for many. The shades are very nice and easy to work with. Plus, they smell good. :)

      Delete
  3. Great blog♥

    How about follow each other?
    I follow your blog. Waiting for you♥
    My Blog: http://juliemcqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Julie.

    Thank you so much for the compliment and for following my blog. I will definitely check out your blog and follow you back. Take care. :)

    ReplyDelete