Friday, November 21, 2014

Peek-a-boo Chocolate and Caramel Peepers


Thanksgiving is coming up and one of its staples and highlights is dessert. Above all, it's all your favorite people like family and friends that come before anything else when celebrating a day you pay tribute to what you're thankful for. Don't get me wrong, food and shopping are great too. For me, however, it's all my favorite people that make my Thanksgiving special. If I could, I'd be staying home, having a good laugh and stuffing my face (not going to lie about that) with family. I have to work, however.

After going off on a tangent about Thanksgiving, let's head on back to DESSERT. :D Two of my favorite components to sweet treats of any occasion are chocolate and caramel. For my third and final fall look featuring Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette, my theme will feature a generous dose of Milk Chocolate and Salted Caramel. Luckily, this is just eyeshadow, so we're definitely saving ourselves from the risk of getting that sugar-high and calories that come with it. :P

On my lids, I patted down Salted Caramel (first eyeshadow color pic) and dabbed a little Marzipan (second color) on the center for a touch of frost. I applied Milk Chocolate (third color) from my crease to the transition color area. I made sure to diffuse the shadow as it approached where the transition color was about to be applied. From then on, I went back to Marzipan and lightly swept it above Milk Chocolate.

I used White Chocolate (fourth color) for my brow bone highlight. To add more definition between the lid and crease, I popped on Gilded Ganache (fifth color).

Jumping right over to my lower lash line, I shadowed it in with Milk Chocolate. I made downward flicks using that color once I went past the outer corners. To darken the lower lash line area up more, I traced over it with Gilded Ganache and ended just right on the outer corners. I did not trace over the Milk Chocolate flicks.

Over to the upper waterline, I tight lined it with Maybelline's Master Drama by Eyestudio eyeliner in Midnight Master. Shortly after that, I darkened up my lashes with Essence Get Big Lashes! Volume Boost Waterproof Mascara and L'Oreal Voluminous Miss Manga Mascara in Blackest Black.

As a face contour color, I brushed on the left side of Milani Bronzer XL All Over Glow in 03 Radiant Tan. I lightly swirled on MAC's Powder Blush in Margin on my cheeks for that golden peachy glow to compliment my eye makeup colors. On the high point of my cheeks, I dusted on MAC's Mineralize Skinfinish in Perfect Topping.

Although a nude or brown lip color would look nice with the warm brown and peachy theme I have going with my eyes and cheeks, I wanted that pop of red on my lips. It's quite like that token strawberry or cherry frequently seen on dessert. LOL. To get that bright red pout, I defined the shape of my lips with Jordana Easyliner for Lips in Sedona Red. For hydration and priming purposes even, I smoothed out MAC's Lip Conditioner in Fuschia Fix. Finally, I filled my lips in Revlon's Lip Butter in Cherry Tart.
  

Thank you all for reading and viewing these fall-themed Chocolate Bar palette posts. I hope you enjoyed checking them out as much as I enjoyed putting the looks together. :)

In advance, I wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving this coming Thursday. :)











4 comments:

  1. I'm suddenly craving a warm brownie sundae drizzled in caramel - haha! Love your eyes and the pop of red on your lips :) so adorable that you compared it to being the cherry on top. ;)

    Sorry to hear that you have to work this Thanksgiving, but hope you can enjoy whatever you can of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Melli:

      Haha... Hope you got that brownie sundae you were craving. :D That sounds good. Now I want one too. *drool*

      LOL. Yeah, I figured among all those brown/neutral colors, a pop of red would be like the cherry on top to all that chocolate. Could be that I was hungry too while writing the post. Hehe...

      Yup, the best thing to do is just make the most out of working on Thanksgiving. Family is always there after all when I get home, so are the leftovers. :D

      Delete
  2. I love the make-up and cool palette.

    the-renaissance-of-inner-fashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Tanya.

      Thank you so much for your sweet compliment. <3

      This palette is one of my favorites. It smells like chocolate too. :D

      Thank you for visiting my blog. Take care. :)

      Delete