Thursday, January 1, 2015

Maybe, a Wonder that Works Like a Dream


Before I start this product review, I wish you all a Happy New Year! Hope 2015 will be an awesome year for you and me. Hehe... :D

I've been going back and forth of whether or not I should buy Maybelline's Dream Wonder Fluid Touch Foundation. I've heard and read a lot of good reviews about the foundation itself. Not so much about the packaging though and how one must dispense the product.

I bought mine at Target for $8.99. It comes in a 20 ml 0.67 FL. OZ. bottle. At first glance, it looks just like a jumbo bottle of nail polish. (Now I'm wondering if there is such a thing.) Compared to other containers of full-size foundation, Dream Wonder Fluid Touch is slightly smaller. Even though there's not a lot of product in the bottle, I feel I'll have it for quite a while.

My shade is in 10 Porcelain Ivory. It's the fairest one in the spectrum and quite a good match for me.

One of the many things I like about this foundation is that it's light weight due to its runny (in a good way) consistency. Because of that, it's bearable for every day wear. Although it's more of a light coverage foundation, it certainly is buildable and I find it great for making my skin look a bit more even. As you can see, I have some redness and acne scars going on in my no makeup pic I bravely posted. With the help of powder, this foundation stays put throughout the day. My forehead miraculously doesn't oil up with this.

A big con would be the packaging. Although I find the nail polish bottle look a cute concept, that strange wand makes application a bit tricky. After testing out several application methods, what works best for me is getting some product on the back of my hand (with the wand) and lightly swirling my brush over it.

Despite having to fight a bit with the wand, performance of the overall product is worth another purchase. Plus, $8.99 isn't too much to fork over either.






2 comments:

  1. You look flawless! <3

    Kind regards,
    www.loyaltofashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Nathaly.

      Thank you for the compliment. So sweet of you. <3
      Take care and have a great day. :)

      Delete