Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Rebelliously Blooming Lip Colors


Lipstick has been my favorite makeup product of all time. I also like eyeshadow and foundation (and of course, all the rest too) a lot, but I go absolutely batty whenever I see brand new lip products.

This Rebel Bloom collection from Maybelline's Color Sensational lipstick line has been around for approximately over a month. I guess it's still relatively new, right? I bought a few bits and pieces here and there and ended up with four lovely colors. There are 10 shades to choose from within the collection.

Each of the Rebel Bloom lipsticks cost less than $6 at one of the two local Target locations. I was thinking of venturing to other stores to find them. Then, lo-and-behold, I found them hiding on a separate aisle away from the rest of the Maybelline family. :P

The following colors featured on this post are Peach Poppy, Hibiscus Pop, Rose Rush, and Orchid Ecstasy. It's cute how they're all named after flowers (hence, bloom). These pretty pops of color will amp up any overall makeup look.

So far, the only color I've worn beyond just swatching is Peach Poppy. Out of all four colors I have, this one in particular applied the patchiest. To make this lipstick work, I dab on lip balm or petroleum jelly first. It helps. I am still considering getting a good lip exfoliator though.

Peach Poppy complimented and toned down my crazy glittery teal eyeshadow I wore on a previous date night with my boyfriend. :D

The other lipsticks swatched with no problems at all. They effortlessly glided on and in person, the colors sure are bright. Bright is always good. :D









6 comments:

  1. I really love that color....I've been on the hunt for something similar but I think I found it. Thanks! <3

    love always,
    www.loyaltofashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nathaly. The colors sure are amazing. :) Glad you found the colors you're looking for. Enjoy them. :)

      <3

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. @At wednesdays I wear pink:

      They sure are. :) Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. Take care. <3

      Delete
  3. These are all so gorgeous!
    I'm new follower GFC hope you can follow me too) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Beauty Unearthly:

      Hi and thank you. The colors sure are lovely. :) Thank you for following my blog. I am a new follower of your blog too. :)

      PS: Sorry I replied quite late.

      Delete