Friday, March 27, 2015

Silver Lake Collection Shadows Color Our Spring


Found these Wet 'n' Wild Silver Lake collection palettes at Walgreens earlier this month. When it comes to the latest and greatest drugstore makeup, Walgreens is usually my first go-to source. Thumbs-up for that. :D (And yes, I like shopping for drugstore makeup everywhere else its available too. :D)

From what I heard, these palettes are limited edition. Other than palettes, the Silver Lake collection also launched some nail polish colors, which I missed out on. No biggie though. I'm quite content with the amount of nail polish I have. (I should be content with the amount of palettes I have too. :P) I didn't even know about this collection to begin with, I just grabbed the three palettes I saw out on a whim. LOL. Each of them are $3.99. There are five in the collection. All I found were three. I saw a fourth one on my latest Walgreens run, but I was good and held off on it.

From the Silver Lake collection, the latest addition to my Wet 'n' Wild palette stash are California Roll, Thrift Store Chic, and Embrace Obscurity. California Roll has mainly a couple nude colors along with shades of green and orange. The colors live up to its name. Thrift Store Chic mainly has pinks and a touch of warm-toned purple. Embrace Obscurity is cool to the eyes with shades of blue, a token white eyeshadow, and a light and dark version of what appears to be periwinkle.

I put all three palettes to the test to get a feel of them. Plus, I wanted to play with the pretty colors so bad already. LOL. Just like a lot of Wet 'n' Wild palettes I have and have tried, some shadows apply really nicely while a select few are quite on the chalky side. For me, I was pretty satisfied with their performance. Of course, I still need more uses out of them to get better acquainted with them. I can say they definitely look better on the eyes than on the hands. Hehe... The swatches don't really do justice to their actual appearance in person.

Out of the three, the most vibrant one is Calfironia Roll. The shadows feel smooth and buttery on this particular palette. The red-orange shadow is crazy pigmented. A little of this color goes a long way. I liked the other two palettes as well. My favorite is Thrift Store Chic, which is the pink palette. It somewhat reminds me of Naked three with its sweet pink hues. I would recommend this to anyone who's slowly getting into colorful shadows, but just wants a light wash of it.

It was a pleasant surprise to see Wet 'n' Wild six-pan palettes again. Reminds me of those days when Pride, Vanity, Lust, and Greed were all the rage in the wonderful world of Wet 'n' Wild. And yes, I still have my Lust palette. ;)
















10 comments:

  1. These are all so gorgeous! Your make up is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Beauty Unearthly:

      Thank you so much for the sweet comment. :)

      These bright colored palettes were hard to pass up. :D

      Delete
  2. Love all the looks! You pull off bright colors amazingly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Melli Vi:

      Thanks, Melli. :D Glad you liked the looks. I confess that I had a little too much fun with the colors though. Hehe. :)

      Delete
  3. Great palettes. Love the one wih all the blue shades.
    Obsessed Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Euge Etcheverry:

      Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. These palettes sure are great. Plus, for the price, it was hard to resist. :)

      Delete
  4. Hey I really enjoyed reading this. Would you like to follow each other? If you follow me I will follow back,

    swingsandcarousels.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Chameen:

      Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. Happy to hear you enjoyed this post. I will definitely head on over to your blog and we sure can follow each other. I'd love it. Take care. :)

      Delete
  5. Thank you for following me. I followed you back, Your blog template is soo nice. Clean and pretty. I love simplistic ones like this!

    Hope you stay in touch!

    swingsandcarousels.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Chameen

      It was a pleasure visiting your blog. So glad I followed. :)

      So sweet of you to compliment my blog's template. :)

      I definitely will stay in touch. Take care and hope you are having an amazing day. :)

      Delete