Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Lip Colors That Melt on Your Mouth


Too Faced has been one of my favorite higher mid-range brands for years. Too Faced and I go waaaay back. I mean way back to those days when the brand still had those Quickie Chronicles palettes, Bunny Balms, and that lipstick named Marcia, Marcia, Marcia. I was an avid consumer of those products. It took me quite a while to part with my Marcia, Marcia, Marcia lipstick too.

Anyway, I've always loved this brand and still do. My favorite things this brand carries are its eyeshadow primers and palettes. Speaking of palettes, I am totally looking forward to getting the Love Palette. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't get wiped off the shelves before I can get my hands on it.

Alright, enough gushing. It's now time for some slightly bad news. Although I love Too Faced, I didn't really fall in love with its Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipstick. That includes the original and melted metallic finish. I do not know what compelled me to buy THREE, especially at $21 each. (I purchased these on separate occasions from Sephora, by the way.) Well, the pretty colors sure had drawn me in. Plus, another intriguing factor would be its long wear claim.

The three colors I had purchased are Melted Metallic Dream House, Melted Metallic Debutante, and Melted Villain. Dream House is vibrant pink with a blue undertone. There were Barbies that rocked this shade of pink back in the 80s. Debutante is a peachy coral color with a very slight golden sheen. Villain, being the most intimidating to me among the three, is an inky blackened purple.

A couple positive notes about this product is that there are many beautiful colors to choose from and that they smell good. They have this pleasant cotton candy scent. That's always a plus for me. For those who are particular about scents, it's not at all overpowering and you'll forget that it even has a scent. I'll throw in a third positive note for cute and convenient packaging. It's small enough and mess-free to throw in your bag while you're on the go. Unlike other squeeze-tube products, I haven't had the issue of liquid seeping out the cap and dripping all over the tube. I've had that messy experience with quite a few lip products packaged that way.

I am not too crazy about the slanted sponge tip where the lip color liquid gets dispensed from. Although the slanted sponge-tip makes shading the lips with color easy, it just looks messy on the tube. Remove the cap, first thing you see is a stained sponge. The LA Girl Glazed Lip Paint and OCC Lip Tar applicator and product dispenser tips are plastic, which I find easy to wipe off.

In terms of how the liquid lipsticks wore, they were quite streaky. Out of the three, Debutante gave me the biggest issue with streakiness. Dream House streaked a little. I have to admit, I like how this color looks on me. ;) Villain isn't streaky at all, but its patchy remnants around the lips after eating are just as bad. That brings me to another con. They aren't long-wearing, especially after eating. Re-touching is a must. Something I'm quite lazy about doing. (I can't believe I just said that. :P)

Although I was quite disappointed with these products, they aren't the worst of the worst. I am going to keep holding on to these. While I do so, I'll find ways to make wearing them a pleasant experience, perhaps sans the streaks or patches. If you have suggestions of how you made these products work well on you, please leave a comment. :)








2 comments:

  1. I miss you so much on Instagram! great review and post, Jannie!

    heyjosephine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Josephine:

      OMG, girl! Is that really you? Looking pretty and fab as always, but dang...almost didn't recognize you for a sec. Miss you too on Instagram. Hadn't been active there in a while.

      Thanks for stopping by. Gonna head over to your blog now. :)

      Delete