Friday, July 17, 2015

15 Shadows of Love


I feel like I'm on a Too Faced kick here with my second consecutive post featuring another product from this lovely makeup brand. This post will be happier than the previous one though. :D

I ordered the Love Palette from Sephora a few weeks ago and have been using the heck out of this thing. I think the color selection of eyeshadows in this palette will be great for someone who's into neutrals, yet is taking baby steps to incorporating a little more color into their eye makeup. Although the shadows are nicely pigmented, they're still not loud or obnoxious even.

The palette retails at $49 at Too Faced, Sephora, Ulta, and I've also seen it on the Macy's website. I'm guessing various Macy's may have a Too Faced counter. There are 15 eyeshadows housed in a whimsical, love-letter themed container that quite reminds me of a pencil case I used to have as a child. The container is made of hard plastic. Instead of a magnetic closure like the two Chocolate Bar palettes, the Love Palette has a snap-on closure, which feels a little more secure in my opinion.

There is also a Perfect Black eyeliner to accompany the shadows as well as three look cards for ideas or inspiration on how to make the colors in each quint work together. I find it quite helpful how the shadows are divided into groups of five. Color combinations are made easy. Other than matching up the colors, mixing them is fun too by not sticking to just a single quint.

The three quints are named Pure Love (warm, earthy colors), True Love (dusty and romantic pinks and mauves), and Forbidden Love (sandy beiges with a pop of green). Although I like the overall color selections, all three of the darkest shades look very similar to each other. If you're not into glittery eyeshadow, which I actually enjoy, there are quite a few of them in this palette. Despite a couple minor disappointments, the shadows are very easy to work with their soft, blendable texture. One can come up with various looks. Anything from simple and casual to fun and playful to smoky and sultry.

The liner is pretty decent too, although I don't think I'll be using it quite often. (And yes, pardon the scar on the liner swatch pic. :P)

Enough rambling. Now it's time for pictures. Beware, there are a handful of them.





















4 comments:

  1. I love the design of this palette! :D It's so pretty! The colour selection is great too. Thanks for Sharing Jannie! Also, I nominated you for the Liebster award. Check out my blog to find out more! :D Have a nice week!

    ADVENTURES IN WONDERLAND

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @AforAlyce:

      The palette's design was too cute to pass up. Normally Too Faced has very cute packaging, but I totally fell in love with the hearts. Plus, the color selection is great. Very easy to work with too. :)

      That's very sweet of you to nominate me for the Liebster award. Thank you so much. :)

      Hope your day is going well. Take care. <3

      Delete
  2. Love the palette and nice smokey eyes!

    http://the-renaissance-of-inner-fashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Tanya:

      Thanks for visiting and for the compliment. :)

      Love how the shadows here can give out a smoky eye with a pop of color.

      Hope you're having a great day. :)


      Delete