Monday, October 5, 2015

Review on a Makeup Brush Loved by Many


I'm pretty sure many of you are familiar with Sigma Beauty's Flat Kabuki F80 brush. I've always wanted to purchase it and try it out. I kept going back and forth on whether to purchase it or not. Long before giving in and ordering it, I found a close dupe for it and settled with it.

So, is it worth the hype? Let's go and find out. Before I go further with this post, I thank Jen (Jen Luv's Reviews on YouTube) for suggesting I do a review on this brush when I posted a picture of it on the community portion of her What's Up in Makeup app. This was back when I frequently visited and posted pictures there. (If you'd like a more interactive and friendlier version similar to Instagram, Jen's What's Up in Makeup app is THE place to be. :D) I feel bad she suggested this quite a few months ago and I've only gotten around to making this post just now.

The F80 brush is $24. Its bristles are made with exclusive Sigmax fibers. Although I have and use quite a few brushes with natural hair, I have an easier time with synthetic bristled brushes. They are versatile, apply smoothly and seamlessly, and have very minimal shedding. The F80 is definitely not an exception.

This brush can be used with any medium. Application is still beautiful and not at all streaky whether it's used in conjunction to liquid, powder, or cream products. In terms of bristle durability, I haven't witnessed any shedding yet the few times I've washed it.

Liquid foundation can be very stubborn and is prone to staining a brush, especially white bristles like what's on top of the F80 brush. To prevent that, I dip my brush in a little bit of olive oil and swirl it on a solid, white brush cleaner or soap such as the Sephora Collection Dry Clean: Solid Brush Cleaner. (A side of baby shampoo or dish washing liquid will help too.) After a thorough cleanse, the gunk that was once there will be totally forgotten.

Hope this doesn't sound silly, but I like how the F80 is very comfortable to use. In the midst of applying foundation or adding finishing touches with powder, the brush is easy to maneuver. It definitely isn't heavy. Not once did it feel pokey or scratchy on my face either.

Honestly, I have nothing really bad to say about this brush. For me, it was definitely worth the $24 I spent. It certainly is worth the hype. Although I believe it is worth the hype and won't hesitate to repurchase it if ever it falls apart on me or gets lost, I do have a dupe to recommend. The brush is part of the Sculpt and Blend - 10 Piece Brush Set by BH Cosmetics. The whole set is only $20. You save $4 if you opt to get this whole set instead of a single F80 brush. The F80 dupe in this set works just as well as the original. Telling by the three-ring ferrule, the original still looks like it will survive longer. Then again, proper washing procedures and care will help pretty much any makeup brush withstand the test of time. Between this and the original, I am glad I have both.





4 comments:

  1. Fabulous review. Loved your detailed post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Beauty Unearthly:

      Thanks for reading my post. Glad you appreciated all the detail. :)

      Hope you enjoyed your weekend. Take care. <3

      Delete

  2. Adorei os pinceis, lindos :)
    Beijokas da Camila e Carol

    Vamos Papear 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Camila e Carol:

      Mucho obrigado.Tenha un bom dia. :)

      <3 Jannie

      Delete