Sunday, January 3, 2016

Gunmetal and Green Mix


How I miss blogging! Maybe, part of my New Year's resolution should be getting back in the blogging game and not blog sporadically like usual. LOL. Anyway, because my previous post was all about Lorac Mega Pro Palette 2, I will feature a look incorporating this palette.

I've really enjoyed using this palette. The powder kick-up coming from the shadows isn't as enjoyable though. It's still very tolerable and not really such a big deal. However, my close-ups of each of the shadows I used look rather dusty, thanks to the kick-up. On a positive note, I've been loving the color combos I've been getting each time I bust out this palette for an EOTD.

For this look, I dabbed Forest on my lids, using a sponge-tip applicator. With an angled shading brush, I swiped more of Forest across my crease. To add a little more shimmer to the lids, I layered a little bit of Gunmetal over Forest. For more depth and definition, I applied Black Ivy on the outer third of my crease with a pencil brush. I used Sorbet for the transition color a little bit above my crease and Sugar as my brow bone and inner corner highlight. I couldn't get enough of Forest, so it had to go on the bottom lash line too.

For a little more eye makeup flair, black eyeliner and black mascara were definitely musts, at least for this EOTD. For tight-lining on the upper and lower waterlines, I used Master Drama Eyeliner in Midnight Master by Maybelline. To break up all that gunmetal and forest on the lid, I defined my upper lash line with Milani's Ultrafine Liquid Eyeliner in Black Vinyl.

As this blog post works its way to the rest of my face, let's start with base. That is Lorac's CC Cream in CC1 Light. To set the CC cream, I dusted Bare Minerals Mineral Veil over it. On my cheeks is Mellow Mauve blush by ELF and Sugar Tropic Tan Face & Body Bronzer as a contour.

Jordana's Easyliner for Lips in Rock 'n' Rose has been my best friend for go-to lip definition. This definitely worked with MAC's "O" lipstick I used for a lip pairing with the Gunmetal and Forest combo theme I had on my lids. Luster and shine was a must to complete the lip combo, so I topped everything off with Rimmel's StayGlossy Lip Gloss in My Eternity.

There sure will be more EOTDs to come featuring the Mega Pro Palette 2. I'm thinking of a maroon or maybe, even a blue theme next. Lavender. Ahh... Can't decide. LOL. Anyway, stay tuned for more. Thanks for reading. :D








2 comments:

  1. Beautiful makeup and beautiful colors! I'm your new GFC follower # 17 if you want to come on my blog ^ - ^

    www.beautywithterri.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Terri:

      Really appreciate your sweet comment and thank you so much for following my blog. That made my day to see I have a new follower. :) Checked out your blog too and followed you back. Really enjoyed reading your post. I will be back for more. Take care. <3

      Delete