Monday, February 29, 2016

Gold and Maroon Warmth


Happy Leap Year, everyone! We only get this extra day in February every four years, so I might as well make a big deal about it. JK. I'll at least start off with a sweet Leap Year greeting and wish you an awesome day. :)

Every now and then, I've been making my Lorac Mega Pro Palette 2 quite useful by dabbling with its beautiful colors. I sometimes come up with expected combinations or even odder mixes we never thought would go together. For this look, I wanted something warm. Why not gold and maroon, right? They're both warm colors. Very rich colors too. They're eye-catching, yet not as crazy as neon pink or lime (which I am not afraid to wear).

After priming my face and lids as well as applying base makeup like foundation and powder (which I honestly should work on after all the eye makeup comes on), I patted down Gold Dust on my lids and blended Goji a little over it as soon as I got to the outer third. I couldn't get enough of Goji, so I just had to swipe it on my crease as well as on my lower lash line. What can I say? You can never have too much Goji. :P As a transition color to soften up harsh Goji lines, I used Soft Plum. To break up all this Goji on the outer third of my lids and crease, I wedged a little bit of Cabernet for more definition. The brow bone and inner corner highlight is brought to you by Prosecco, which appears as a shimmery sand color.

In case you want that extra Gold Dust intensity (Then again, the shadow on its own already has gorgeous color pay off.), I dabbed Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bold Gold as a post-priming, pre-shadow step. This is just an extra step we don't really need.

Completing the eye look is Maybelline MasterDrama eyeliner in Midnight Master for tight-lining the upper lash line. Adding a little more drama and definition to the upper lash line is Clinique Brush On Cream Liner in Black Honey. Slightly overlapping Goji on the outer corner of the bottom lash line is Ulta Automatic Eyeliner in Raisin.

Although there are days when I opt not to wear it, I feel like any eye makeup look is incomplete without mascara, so along came L'Oreal Miss Manga Voluminous Waterproof Mascara. I had a review of the non-waterproof version quite a while back. This waterproof version works better for me hands-down. Not because the non-waterproof version sucks. I'm pretty sure it works beautifully on many. It's because my lashes are just stubborn, picky, and annoying.

To keep up with all the whole maroon, plum, and mauve theme, I dusted on ELF Blush in Mellow Mauve and sealed my lips with a kiss of (Cheesy, but it works. :P) ColourPop Lippie Stick in Lumiere. Lip Liner is optional, but I love pairing up Lumiere with Jordana Easyliner for Lips in Rock 'n' Rose.

Although the Lorac Mega Pro Palette 2 is limited edition and no longer at Ulta, there are dupes for the colors used in this look. I know MAC and Too Faced (there are actually a couple of them in the Chocolate Bar Palette) have quite a few dupes as well as various drugstore brands too.

Signing off with pictures now. Take care. :)











2 comments:

  1. Wow...it look super amazing...thx for sharing honey...:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Beauty Unearthly:

      Thanks, beautiful. Highly appreciate the compliment. <3 :)

      Delete